G. Reed Cummings, DDS, MS
- 1987 Biochemistry, Pacific Union College
- 1991 Doctor of Dental Surgery, Loma Linda University
- 1995 Certificate of Endodontics, Loma Linda University
- 1997 Masters of Science, Loma Linda University
Publications, Guest Lectures, Seminars:
- Mineral Trioxide Aggregate as an isolation Barrier for internal Bleaching.
Presented at AAE meeting, Orlando , Florida, 1995
- The Effect of Systemic Doxycycline on Alveolar Bone Loss Following
Periradicular Surgery. Presented at AAE meeting, Dallas Texas, 1996.
- Advances in Surgical and Non-Surgical Endodontics. Presented to Stuart
Gnathological Society, Laguna Beach , California, 2000
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Society
- Orange County Dental Society
- American Association of Endodontics
- Orange Coast Dental Academy
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon
- American Association of Endodontists Student Award
- Scripps Oral Pathology and Endodontics Award
Dr Cummings is a native of Laguna Beach. He enjoys spending time with his wife Shellye, and their three daughters, Haleigh, Cara and Caitlyn. He enjoys sports and outdoor activities including golf, tennis and paddling out in the surf with his daughters when surf conditions are “epic”.
As an Assistant Professor of Endodontics at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, Dr Cummings finds the time spent with students and residents rewarding, both personally and professionally. He said “from a personal stand point it is exciting and fulfilling to watch students learn and it is professionally challenging when residents ask questions about current research.”
Dr. Cummings realized a passion for the Culinary Arts and Viticulture ( the science, production and study of grapes) when he was a college student in Napa Valley. He has enjoyed discussing recipe techniques, philosophies and wine pairings with great chefs like James Boyce and Wolfgang Puck. This led him to become a supporter and minority partner of B Cellars in 2003 when his close friend Jim Borsack had a vision to start a winery in the Napa Valley focused on creating the finest wine with food pairings.